Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summertime Blues

Anyone who knows me, knows I am all about blue.  Any shade of blue, just check out my acid dyed rovings and batts.  I am branching out to purples and greens, but then again, they also contain blue.  I have had some fun with color saturated 50/50 merino silk blend rovings.  Unfortunately, I did not take photos and sold out (which is great) at last Sunday's Indie Mart on Wisconsin St. in San Francisco.  More about that later.
   I haven't posted in a while, it has been a busy summer, a lot of traveling, visiting with friends and working.  Regretfully, not much picture taking.  June started out with the Spinning at the Winery which was fun for all.  Beautiful weather, fun people, good food and wine and silk/merino to spin.  Who could ask for anything more!  Then it was off to Columbus, OH for work and to visit with some vendors in town for the TNNA.  Then back home and off to the Spinning on the Farm event in lovely Healdsburg.  Twisted Sunshine had the opportunity to vend at this fun event situated in the vineyards of Sonoma County.  Low key, spinning in a beautiful setting and a great pot luck.  Met friends, new and old and Twisted Sunshine rovings, fibers and earrings were well received.  The booth next to us was operated by Sue who raises BFL sheep, which one day I hope to visit.  Of course I bought some fleece, when I got home I washed it and dyed it purple and violet.  Then used some of it to make some core spun yarn wrapped with glitz.  I will post some photos soon.  Judy and I had a great day up in Sonoma.
  Last Sunday was a total blast at the Indie Mart.  I recommend that everyone check out this event, you can follow them on facebook.  My great friend, Gabrielle, and I went into SF to set up early in the morning (some might argue that 830 is not early).  Starting at the Parkside, at 17th and Wisconsin, and continuing to 16th Street there were many indie craft and vintage vendors lining both sides of the block.  There was music, food, beer and plenty of DIY projects.  We even had a surprise visit from Alison and Maryam who, looking very tired, came to visit after working since 530 AM (now that's early) at the AIDS Walk.

Gabrielle has convince me that I need to branch out from blue (green and purple) so look for warm colors in some new projects.

Now for the Blues - going to Memphis this week - Blues, BBQ, Beale and Elvis!

No comments:

Post a Comment