Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Here we go again...

Well, I got frustrated that I could not add photos to the blog from my iPad while I was in Spain so I just stopped writing, easily frustrated I am.  The trip was great but the yarn was a big let down.  In Madrid I went to the el gato negro which was a yarn shop that was recommended.  all the yarns were acrylic and mostly novelty type yarns.  The way yarns are shopped for is quite different than in the states, they have samples hanging and then you have to wait for a sales person to help you and get out the yarn you want.  You are not allowed to touch anything on your own.  Usually you would tell the sales person what you want to make and they will pick out, or help you pick out the yarn and the pattern.  There was an old guy there  who was like a watchdog.  He wouldn't take his eyes off me and my sister, it appeared that he thought we were going to steal something.  You got it, I would just grab a handful of lovely acrylic yarn and run down the street .... like that would ever happen!  It was an interesting experience but needless to say I didn't buy anything there.  But Madrid was wonderful and I had a great time there.  Not my favorite place in Spain.  I really loved Sevilla and Ronda, and our visits to each of these towns has it's own special story..... More to follow, time to start up the blog again...

No comments:

Post a Comment