Tuesday, March 29, 2011

down time

Stitches is now a memory, it was a lot of fun.  Now it is time to regroup.  Right after Stitches I had to travel to a meeting ( for my day job) in the mid west, then it was on to Providence to visit number 2 daughter who is in college there.  She is studying at the Rhode Island School of Design and also taking language at Brown University.  I visited her from Friday until Sunday, which is the perfect amount of time.  We were still enjoying each other's company when I left.  As my mom used to say: "Fish and family both go bad after 3 days!"  It was fun going to her studio for the Senior Studio open house, shopping, and having a real casual dinner party for her friends on Saturday night.  They are a great bunch of creative young adults and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them.  No photos though, my daughter hates when I take photos.  Shortly after I returned home, I had to have foot and ankle surgery so now I am off of work and taking it easy with my foot elevated and scooting around on my knee scooter, shown in the photo.
Presently, I am suffering though spinning and dyeing withdrawl.  I miss my wheels, but I have taken out one of the spindles and started working on some beautiful yak and silk natural dyed roving that I have had in my stash for ages.  I am also finishing up some projects,  I finished the seed stitch cowl done in super chunky Twisted Sunshine merino/alpaca/silk, the baby kimono made of handspun and a crazy cowl made out of art yarns.  Photos to follow....

News flash.....I have joined the Phat Fiber crew and will soon be announcing the reopening of my etsy shop and a giveaway contest.  I will also be announcing the winner of the Stitches give away, once I am nimble enough to access the contest info.  Unfortunately, I placed it where I can not access in my present condition. 

.;"*";. Please sign up to be a follower of this blog and you will receive an entry in the yet to be announced contest which will be a fiber give away.  Always feel free to leave comments .;"*";.

No comments:

Post a Comment