Sunday, January 24, 2010

January!

Made it through the holidays! Family visits, holiday meals - all were drama free.  My younger daughter has gone back to school and the house is quiet again, except for the hum of the new spinning wheel.  My dream wheel finally made it to me thanks to Kristine and Adrienne of A Verb for Keeping Warm (AVFKW).  My dream of a Schact Reeves 30 inch cherry wheel has come true.  I had been thinking and yearning for a year now.  It is beautiful.  I have to think of a name for it before the christening party with WonderMike of Fiber Beat.  He became the proud owner of a Schacht Matchless about a week before the stork brought my Schacht Reeves.
The only problem I have is that the wheel spins better than I do!  I am spinning up some polworth from AVFKW to finish my daughter's cowl.  The wheel spins a lot faster than my Lendrum, it's big brother.  Now that the kids moved out I am starting a family of spinning wheels!

I am busily getting ready for Stitches West and will be sharing a booth with Slipped Stitches.  Come check out my dyed fiber, batts and yarn and Laura's bags.  This is my first BIG show and I am so excited and nervous.

I will post pictures of the wheel and fiber soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment